The Malaysian media landscape has shifted over the past couple of years, changing the way consumers interact with each other, how they demand for content and how they make purchase decisions. Faster speeds, cheaper mobile plans and devices as well as bigger data allowances have contributed to the rise in online video streaming, while home devices such as Smart TVs, TV streaming boxes and game consoles are gaining traction too among these Internet users.
As the entertainment landscape evolves, Video-on-Demand (VOD) is emerging as an upcoming industry that will bring a new wave of growth to Malaysia. Digital media is in the ascendant as the TV industry wrestles with cord cutting, piracy, obsolescent technology and a softer ad market. Meantime, as Malaysia enters into a new era of digital transformation and has set for a complete transition to digital broadcast by third quarter of 2019, it is an exciting time to watch how this all plays out for the region.
In that regard, AVIA is introducing the launch of Malaysia in View. The conference aims to discuss key topics including:
- The future of Malaysia telecoms and video offerings
- Getting ready for analogue switch off – Will this be a new business frontier for domestic players?
- How to thrive in the crowded video streaming marketplace while pursuing “Glocal” growth?
- Infrastructure convergence – How will media and telecom infrastructure evolve in an increasingly video dominated world?
- 2020: Could this be the year Malaysia’s e-Sports go mainstream?
Early confirmed speakers:
- Kamal Khalid, Group MD, Media Prima
- Yau Chyong Lim, COO, MEASAT
- Dato’ Sam Yap, Chairman, Enjoy TV & Film Broadcasting Corporation(ETBC) and Founder, Enjoy TV
- Gaurav Pradhan, Director, Business Development, Asia, Netflix
- Agnes Rozario, Director of Content, Astro
- Lam Swee Kim, Chief Marketing Officer, dimsum
- Jason Monteiro, Chief Marketing Officer, iflix
- Kingsley Warner, GM, Viu Malaysia
- Jean-Christophe Jubin, VP Sales APAC, Viaccess-Orca
- Michael Greco, VP APAC, Vindicia
- Airin Zainul, Director, tonton & licensing and merchandising, Media Prima TV Networks
- Lee Choong Kay, Chief of Sports, Astro
- Eunice Yue, Group Head of Business Development, Marketing & User Growth, Lazada – Alibaba Group
- Jessica Fuk, Associate Research Analyst, Kagan
- Unmish Parthasarathi, Founder, Picture Board
- Louis Boswell, CEO, Asia Video Industry Association
* All details subject to change