The Asia Video Industry Association (AVIA) helps you to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the region with information you can rely on.
AVIA produces a number of specific reports and papers each year focused on key issues or countries that are relevant and important to our membership. In the past these have included country in view reports focusing on China, the Philippines, Hong Kong, Vietnam, and India. Issues we have looked at include pay TV and OTT regulation and we regularly make submissions to various governments on a range of topics from satellite spectrum to pay TV regulation.
Publications & Reports
Submissions & Responses
Specifically, we have written on the following countries/topics:
AVIA has presented the following submissions and responses on the following countries/topics in 2018-19:
- Vietnam in View (2019)
- Online Video Industry: China (2018)
- OTT Regulatory Policies in Asia (2018)
- Philippines in View (2017)
- Taiwan in View (2017)
- Myanmar in View (2016)
- Thailand in View (2016)
- India Satellite Capacity Crunch (2016)
- Same, Same but Different (Pay TV Regulatory Policies in Asia) (2015)
Additionally, we produce annually the following publications:
- The Asia Video Industry Report
- Asia Pacific Multichannel TV – A “What & Where Roadmap” to Asia Pacific pay TV data (replaced by The Asia Video Industry Report)
- Year in Review – highlights of all our activities over the year
Our members also produce various reports of relevance to the industry.
- State of Intellectual Property in Third Countries (European Union)
- NCC Consulation on Regulations Governing the Assessment and Examination of Satellite Broadcasting Business (Taiwan)
- Proposed Converged Competition Code (Singapore)
- Draft National e-Commerce Policy (India)
- Digital Platforms Inquiry (Australia)
- Contribution to the annual USTR Intellectual Property Review annually on the country watchlist
- Green Paper on Communications Policy in an Era of Convergence (Taiwan)
- Amendments to Decree 6 on the Management, Provision and Use of Radio and Television Services (Vietnam)
- Consultation on Indirect Advertising (Hong Kong)
- Review of Television and Sound Broadcasting Regulatory Regimes (Hong Kong)
- Consultation on Uplinking and Downlinking of Satellite Channels (India)
Visit our Download Centre to view the full list of Publications & Reports.
Visit our Download Centre to view the full list of Submissions and Responses prepared by AVIA.